These Superfrost Plus(+) glass slides are made by a new process which offers the following features
- They place a permanent positive charge in the microscope slide
- They electrostatically attract frozen tissue sections and cytology preparations, binding them to the slide
- They form a bridge so that covalent bonds develop between formalin fixed sections and the glass
- Tissue sections and cytological preparations adhere better to the Plus glass slides without the need for special adhesives or protein coatings
- Plus glass puts an end to background staining
- It eliminates blue or red background staining which is often encountered in hematoxylin and eosin staining of tissue sections mounted on albuminized glass
- No brown background staining occurs when immuno-peroxidase or in situ DNA procedures are performed on our Plus glass. A higher degree of enzyme digestion can be performed on plus glass without the loss of tissue sections
- Cytological preparations placed on Plus glass resist cell loss during enzyme digestion, DNA denaturation and RNA hybridization
- Plus glass improves tissue adherence in microwave staining
- Chromic acid washes are redundant for molecular hybridization because the slides are RNAse-free
- Plus slides are Color coded to help keep track of specimens during processing as well as filing
The slides measure: 25 x 75 mm, 1 mm thick.
There are no reviews yet.