PURE SILICON TEM WINDOWS
5 nm, 9 nm, 15 nm, and NANOPOROUS
NOTE: US100-P30 replaced US200-P15. P30 Membranes are 3X more porous than P15. P15 is still available by special order.
SiMPore’s NANOPOROUS TEM Windows
NANOPOROUS Pure Silicon
– NANOPOROUS – Polycrystalline (Now 3X More Porous!)
– 100 micron thick frame, fits 3 mm sample holders
– Dimensions: (1) 500 x 500 micron window
US100-P30 products replace US200-P15.
By switching from P15 to P30 membranes, we have made our NANOPOROUS TEM windows significantly MORE porous. Pore sizes have increased to include a range of pores from 10-60 nanometers in diameter. Additionally, the porosity has increased from 5% to 15%.
We have re-engineered our TEM grids so that they are easier to handle. By making the grids slightly narrower users now have easy access to grids in TEM holders. No more fumbling with tweezers while trying to pick up or put down grids. The new TEMWindow grid shape is still compatible with all standard holders.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
Read more about the unique combination of enabling Features and Benefits of Pure Silicon.
Explore how the Technical Properties Technical Properties of SiMPore’s Pure Silicon windows compare to other thin films
For examples of how these TEM windows can be used, please see Featured Publications
– Nanometer Thinness: Thinner than the thinnest available carbon grids
– Plasma Cleanable: Pure Silicon TEM Windows can be vigorously plasma cleaned to remove organic contamination, unlike carbon grids
– Increased Uniformity: Reduced field-to-field variability
– Increased Stability: At high beam currents and high annealing temperatures (600C for non-porous, >1000C for nanoporous)
– Reduced Chromatic Blur: Half the chromatic blur of carbon grids
– Nanometer-Scale Pores: Allow stable suspension of nanoscale materials for imaging without background
– Silicon Composition: Sputter-deposited, pure, intrinsic silicon
– Minimal Background Signal: Enables elemental analyses of samples containing nitrogen and/or carbon