Silicon Oxide TEM Windows
100 micron thick frame, fits 3 mm sample holders
40 nm thick Silicon Oxide film
Dimensions: Nine windows: (8) 100 x 100 micron squares, (1) 100 x 350 micron square. Guaranteed Intact
Improved Grid Shape
We have re-engineered our TEM grids so that they are easier to handle. By making the grids slightly narrower users now have easy access to grids in TEM holders. No more fumbling with tweezers while trying to pick up or put down grids. The new TEMWindow grid shape is still compatible with all standard holders.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
Note: Non-Porous films are lightly wrinkled with approximately 5 microns or less deflection across 100 microns of travel. This is typically not problematic for high-resolution Imaging.
Explore how the Technical Properties Technical Properties of SiMPore’s Pure Silicon windows compare to other thin films
For examples of how these TEM windows can be used, please see Featured Publications
– Competitively Priced: state of the art manufacturing processes and an expert engineering team allow us to offer Silicon Dioxide solutions at competitive prices
– Plasma Cleanable: Silicon dioxide window grids can be vigorously plasma cleaned to remove organic contamination, unlike carbon grids
– Increased Uniformity: reduced field-to-field variability
– Tolerates temperatures >1000C: supports use in environmental TEMs where dynamic processes are observed at high températures
– Withstands harsh deposition & chemical conditions: provides an ideal balance of imaging resolution and mechanical strength
– Incorporates stoichiometric silicon dioxide: offers the ability to analyze for nitrogen by EDX techniques