SILICON NITRIDE TEM WINDOW GRIDS
5 nm, 10 nm, 20 nm, 50 nm, and MICROPOROUS
Silicon Nitride (SiN) TEM Windows
Low-Stress Silicon Nitride
– 100 micron thick frame, fits 3 mm sample holders
– 5 nm thick Silicon Nitride film
– (2) 50 x 1500 micron Windows,
We’ve reduced the width of the slots to 50 microns. This makes slots more robust during sample preparation while also reducing the incidence of vibration during imaging. Low vibration is particularly important for tomography and high-tilt applications.
Note: It has been reported that the 5 nm silicon nitride windows may have slight wrinkling (significantly less than silicon dioxide or pure silicon). This does not affect TEM imaging.
Improved Grid Shape
We have re-engineered our TEM grids so that they are easier to handle. By making the grids slightly narrower users now have easy access to grids in TEM holders. No more fumbling with tweezers while trying to pick up or put down grids. The new TEMWindow grid shape is still compatible with all standard holders.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
View the TEMwindows Silicon_Nitride brochure
TEM Windows handling Instructions
Explore how the Technical Properties of SiMPore’s Silicon Nitride films compare to other thin films
For examples of how these Silicon Nitride TEM windows can be used, please see Featuread Publications
– Competitively Priced: state of the art manufacturing processes and an expert engineering team allow us to offer Silicon Nitride solutions at competitive prices
– Plasma Cleanable: Silicon nitride grids can be vigorously plasma cleaned to remove organic contamination, unlike carbon grids
– Increased Uniformity: reduced field-to-field variability
– Tolerates temperatures >1000C: supports use in environmental TEMs where dynamic processes are observed at high temperatures
– Withstands harsh deposition & chemical conditions: provides an ideal balance of imaging resolution and mechanical strength
– Incorporates LPCVD, low-stress (~250MPa), non-stoichiometric silicon nitride: provides flat, insulating and hydrophobic surfaces
There are no reviews yet.