PURE SILICON TEM WINDOWS
5 nm, 9 nm, 15 nm, and NANOPOROUS
NOTE: US100-P30 replaced US200-P15. P30 Membranes are 3X more porous than P15. P15 is still available by special order.
SiMPore’s Non-Porous 5 nm TEM Windows
Amorphous Pure Silicon – (NO WRINKLING)
– 5 nm thick membrane
– 100 micron thick frame, fits 3 mm sample holders
– Dimensions: (8) 50 x 50 micron windows, (1) 50 x 100 micron window
We have re-engineered our TEM grids so that they are easier to handle. By making the grids slightly narrower users now have easy access to grids in TEM holders. No more fumbling with tweezers while trying to pick up or put down grids. The new TEMWindow grid shape is still compatible with all standard holders.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
Note: Non-Porous films are lightly wrinkled with approximately 5 microns or less deflection across 100 microns of travel. This is typically not problematic for high-resolution Imaging.
Read more about the unique combination of enabling Features and Benefits of Pure Silicon.
Explore how the Technical Properties Technical Properties of SiMPore’s Pure Silicon windows compare to other thin films
For examples of how these TEM windows can be used, please see Featured Publications
– Nanometer Thinness: Thinner than the thinnest available carbon grids
– Plasma Cleanable: Pure Silicon TEM Windows can be vigorously plasma cleaned to remove organic contamination, unlike carbon grids
– Increased Uniformity: Reduced field-to-field variability
– Increased Stability: At high beam currents and high annealing temperatures (600C for non-porous, >1000C for nanoporous)
– Reduced Chromatic Blur: Half the chromatic blur of carbon grids
– Nanometer-Scale Pores: Allow stable suspension of nanoscale materials for imaging without background
– Silicon Composition: Sputter-deposited, pure, intrinsic silicon
– Minimal Background Signal: Enables elemental analyses of samples containing nitrogen and/or carbon