Watch our brief (2:39) intro showing you how easy it is to add fluorescence to virtually any existing stereo microscope in about 30 seconds.
New Faculty in 2019?
Are you entering your first faculty position in academic year fall 2018 – fall 2019 or do you know someone who is? Read about the annual KEY Award for New Faculty.
The Model SFA Stereo Microscope Fluorescence Adapter is a complete solution for adding fluorescence to existing stereo microscopes. It includes everything you need for adapting (not converting) just about any stereo microscope. You can purchase any of the 6 modular wavelength combinations that you need now and add more at any time. And best of all – it’s just $1,095 to get started with the complete setup for one color.
A complete system with one excitation/emission combination includes just 6 items:
– Needed once:
1. Flexible gooseneck lamp base with control circuit
2. Power supply that operates from 120/240VAC, 50/60Hz and international plug set
3. Simple adapter that mounts on virtually any existing stereo microscope
– Included in light + filter set:
1. LED light head
2. Barrier filter that attaches to the adapter with a simple magnetic click
3. Viewing shield made of matching filter material
You only need the first group one time. Wavelength combinations are supplied in a light + filter set consisting of a light head, barrier filter, and viewing shield in a custom foam-lined box. The light head and filters can be removed and replaced in seconds, and color coding ensures that you are using the right combination. All components are also available a la carte.
– Wavelength sets are named and color coded for the color of the excitation light, not the color of the emitted fluorescence.
– Uncertain what to use? Refer to our comprehensive table of fluorophores and recommended NIGHTSEA wavelength sets.
|UV – Ultraviolet||360 – 380nm||415nm longpass|
|VI – Violet||400 – 415nm||450nm longpass|
|RB – Royal Blue||440 – 460nm||500nm longpass|
|RB-GO – Royal Blue, Green Only||440 – 460nm||500 – 560nm bandpass|
|CY – Cyan||490 – 515nm||550nm longpass|
|GR – Green||510 – 540nm||600nm longpass|
– With the Royal Blue (RB) excitation we offer two barrier filters – longpass and bandpass. Read our article on selecting the right passband option for your application.
– We also offer a White light head (WH) for general white light illumination and as a focusing aid for fluorescence Imaging
One-color complete setup
SFA-UV – Ultraviolet (360 – 380nm) excitation
SFA-VI – Violet (400 – 415nm) excitation
SFA-RB – Royal Blue (440 – 460nm) excitation with longpass filter
SFA-RB-GO – Royal Blue with green-only bandpass filter
SFA-CY – Cyan (490 – 515nm) excitation
SFA-GR – Green (510 – 540nm) excitation
Modular excitation/emission sets
SFA-LFS-UV – Ultraviolet excitation
SFA-LFS-VI – Violet excitation
SFA-LFS-RB – Royal Blue excitation
SFA-LFS-RB-GO – Royal Blue excitation with green-only bandpass filter
SFA-LFS-CY – Cyan excitation
SFA-LFS-GR – Green excitation
Modular white light head
– Requires NO disassembly or modification to your microscope
– Installs in under a minute
– Power supply compatible with 110/220V, 50/60Hz, and comes with modular international plug set – US, EU, UK, AU
– Does not interfere with ordinary use – the barrier filters attach magnetically so they can be easily removed at any time
– No warm-up or cool-down required – true instant on/off
– Modular excitation/emission – purchase what you need, expand at any time
– Works with virtually every existing stereo microscope, regardless of age
– Components are color coded to avoid confusion
– Easily moved between microscopes
– Includes unique filter shield – dual function as eye protection and as a viewing filter
– Accessories to increase versatility (see below)
– Made in USA